Team USANA Athlete, Shara Gillow, shares her 2014 racing experience

My 2014 season wrap up!

Women's Individual Time Trial
Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
I had a great start to my 2014 cycling racing season with a Silver medal win at the Australian Road Cycling Championships, and I even managed to top that off the next month when I took out the Gold medal at the Oceania Cycling Championships! These two events really got me excited about what the rest of the season had in store for me.

My new home after the Oceania Championships was Europe where I raced with my professional cycling team. I call Europe home for eight racing fuelled months of the year and conquered picturesque countries like Italy, France, Belgium, Holland and Sweden.

This year I had the honour of being selected to represent Australia at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow!  I didn’t achieve the result I was expecting as I was placed 6th in my event. Although I was disappointed with my result in my race, I still learnt a lot of valuable lessons throughout the experience.  It was really special being able to represent my country and I was so proud to be wearing my green and gold. Also, knowing there were so many people back home in Australia watching you and cheering you on made it all the more special to me.

I was also selected to race the World Championships in Spain, but unfortunately had to pull out because of a fractured wrist in a crash that happened racing a six-day Tour in Holland. 

At the moment I'm getting my strength training up, taking my USANA supplements of course and getting a good strong base for my 2015 cycling season!

I can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store for me!


Racing in the Holland
 



Shara Gillow
Team USANA Athlete

 



Labels: , , , , ,