|Josephine Daly, |
Senior Product Manager
As autumn leads into winter, most of us will be making the most of longer daylight hours and squeezing in last-minute holidays, family picnics, outdoor sports and much more. Autumn is also a great time to start preparing for the coming winter – whether you’re getting your home, garden or wardrobe updated for the coming season. But most of all, autumn is a great time to get your health and immunity prepared for the colder months. So, whether you’re considering a flu vaccination or conditioning your hair and skin or keeping a close eye on your weight to prevent it creeping upwards, let’s get going!
Autumn and winter is a good time to consider a detox. Your body continuously detoxes itself naturally. But factors like environmental pollution, poor food choices and alcohol may mean that your body could benefit from a little extra tender loving care right now.
Try these simple steps to give your body’s detoxification process a helping hand every day:
- Eat fewer fast foods. Try to cut down on take-away foods, white flour, sugary foods and drinks, fried food and alcohol. All of these drain your body of valuable nutrients and stress your body’s natural cleansing systems.
- Drink plenty of water. All of us need different amounts of water, so the best rule of thumb is to drink enough water so that your urine is straw coloured. If it’s darker, you need to drink more water. Fibre needs water to work properly so when you eat more fibre-providers, you’ll need to drink more water to ensure the fibre works well.
- Choose more fibre providers. Opt for wholegrains such as brown rice and plenty of organically-grown fruits and vegetables. These contain lots of fibre to helps cleanse you from the inside.
Wholegrains - the fibre providers!
- Get more oxygen into your system. Breathing deeply helps oxygenate every body cell. Exercise is also a great circulation boost. Try and take a brisk walk or run every day in the outdoors. Being outside also means you get a dose of mood-lifting sunshine (but don’t forget to protect your skin with sunscreen even in the cooler winter months).Or, try yoga or pick up a past-loved sport to help boost body strength and lift mood – and it’ll keep you leaner in the cooler months when most of us are prone to putting on a kilo or two!
- Support your system with supplements and herbs. Choose wisely and you’ll help boost your body’s natural detoxing processes. For example, think about a fibre supplement (for digestive health), probiotics (for digestive health and an immunity boost) and milk thistle (a traditional liver tonic). Sip on some green tea, too – it comes from the same plant as black tea, but because green tea is less processed, it contains more flavonoids called catechins which are free radical fighters. Free radicals have been linked with a whole range of degenerative conditions.
USANA supplementsChoosing a healthy diet and regular exercise is the cornerstone to good health. And where it comes to giving your body’s digestive system and detoxification processes a helping hand, we have three fabulous products that can help:
- HepaPlus™ is USANA’s liver tonic which contains milk thistle extract which is an anti-inflammatory. It also contains green tea extract, olive fruit, broccoli and turmeric for extra antioxidant protection, and choline and alpha lipoic acid, which support liver function and the body’s normal detoxification processes.
- Fibergy™ Plus is USANA’s fibre boost supplement. It contains insulin, a prebiotic that promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract and psyllium, a rich source of soluble fibre to support bowel regularity.
- USANA Probiotic which is a digestive health formula that delivers beneficial probiotic bacteria to help maintain healthy gut flora.
Detoxing your body is the ideal way to recharge, rejuvenate, and renew your body! And the best time to get started? Right now!
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balance diet. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.
Visit www.usana.com for more details.