School, sports practice, video games, music classes, homework, going to the movies, catching up with friends, gym, shopping, parties, going to the beach..life can be hectic (but so much fun!) as a teenager. It is extremely important to look after our bodies in this growth stage and to develop good and healthy habits for the future, so here are some tips to keep our bodies in tip top shape:
So get out there and kick start your 2012 by incorporating these simple, yet effective tips to keep your body in tip top shape for years to come!
- Eat well: Make sure you have a nutritious diet, with lots of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Try to limit the amount of fried and salty foods, as these foods make the skin more oily, which is not what you want as a teenager…hello pimples!
- Take a nutritional supplement: With all these activities that are a part of our lives and with our bodies still developing, it is extremely important to fuel our body with the right nutrients, so that we are on our ‘A game’ at all times. A nutritional supplement should form part of your diet and is very important, as we can’t receive all the nutrients we need from food alone. Our new upgraded Body RoxTM is specifically for this purpose and is made specifically for teens, so you know you’re in good hands! Some of the benefits include; more energy support (so that you can have stamina on the sports field), healthy skin (to keep you looking fresh), school smarts (to impress your teachers), active lifestyle support (to support healthy bones, skeleton structure and teeth), sharp eyes (you’ll thank us later!) and everyday health and immunity (to keep you performing at your best)!
- Drink water: Make sure you drink enough water, as this helps to purify your body from the inside out naturally.
- Get the recommended amount of sleep: Now let’s be honest, this is often overlooked by us. Did you know that the average teen requires 9.5 hours of sleep per night? By ensuring you get enough sleep, you will be able to perform at your very best!
- Exercise: Now is the best time to get into the healthy habit of exercising. Exercise helps to eliminate toxins from our bodies (through sweat) and helps to keep our bodies healthy.
- Protect your skin: It is important to use sunscreen not just during Summer (my favourite season..gotta love the beach!) but during the whole year when outside, as the sun is harsh in Australia and New Zealand.
- Have a hygiene regimen: Look after your skin by cleansing, toning, moisturising and replenishing your skin through a masque or serum. While you may not see the immediate results, later on down the track, you will be happy you looked after your skin!
Labels: Body Rox, teenager health