Photo from www.unep.org/wed/
World Environment Day is on 5 June every year. It is a day that brings up awareness of the environment and also, a day that everybody can make contribution to the ‘big family’ that we live in.
Here at USANA, we want to set an example for our customers and Associates that effective health management begins with caring for the environment. Without taking the health of our natural world into consideration, we cannot hope to improve the health of those around us.
USANA is dedicated to reducing our environmental impact and being responsible citizens of this planet. We're not only creating the highest quality, science-based health products on the market, but we're doing so with minimal environmental impact.
Here's what we're doing to protect, preserve and promote the integrity of our environment:
At every stage of our process – from raw processing to manufacture to distribution and marketing, we're striving to create a more efficient, environmentally aware business. At USANA, we don't just increase the health of individuals – we're contributing to a cleaner, healthier planet.
- We've implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) – this is the first step for any company looking to decrease their environmental impact. Our EMS covers our responses to various environmental factors, from issues of sustainable energy and renewable resources, to our manufacturing processes and treatment of waste, right down to decreasing paper wastage in our offices and encouraging recycling.
- The USANA EMS is a model in our industry – we're not only meeting all current environmental regulations, but we're exceeding them.
- We continually refine and adapt our EMS as new research and techniques become available.
- We provide training for employees and Associates on managing resources effectively, and offer incentives for carrying out our environmentally friendly policies.
- We're dedicated to reusing, reclaiming and recycling our raw and manufactured materials and resources.
- We actively strive to reduce our carbon footprint and look for alternative and are embracing renewable energy sources.
- We're increasingly using web-technology and content management to bring information to our customers and associates, rather than relying on paper.
- We regularly upgrade and develop our products to make the best use of available resources and minimize environmental impact.
What have you contributed to yesterday’s World Environment Day?
Labels: usana, usana green, world environment day