For most people, spring means increased energy, outdoor activities, flower blossoms and a lot more. However, for some people, spring can mean allergies.
Common spring allergies include sniffing and sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, coughing, itchy eyes and nose as well as dark circles under the eyes. Apart from over-the-counter medications and prescribed drugs, there are natural ways you can combat these annoying symptoms, keep your immune system strong and start enjoying spring:
- Wash your hands frequently - not only does good hygiene minimise spring allergies, it also minimises your chance of getting sick.
- Wash sheets and pillowcases in hot water - allergies and pollens love bedding, so change and wash your sheets regularly. Also vacuum and dust regularly to keep spring allergies at bay.
- Stick to a healthy diet - make sure you are getting plenty of immune strengthening vitamins, such as Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
- Keep your digestive system healthy - add probiotics to your diet for a healthy digestive system
- Exercise regularly - as we all know, having enough physical exercise will keep us on top of our health.
Do you have any tips to keep spring allergies at bay? Please leave a comment.
Labels: immune system, probiotics, spring allergy, Vitamin C