Not everyone is a born leader but we all have the ability to motivate and inspire others if we believe in what we are doing. Motivating a team is about creating an environment in which others feel empowered to make their own decisions based on their skills and knowledge. If all members of the team feel that the have something to contribute and have the confidence to do so then no goal is too big and nothing is out of reach.
A good leader leads by example, by doing what they are asking of their team and doing it well. A good leader inspires others to follow their lead by showing that they believe in what they are doing and are willing to work alongside their team to achieve their goals.
Leaders come in all shapes and forms and there are many different styles of leadership. In business having a leader to refine focus, determine direction and drive motivation is imperative to success.
There are many ways to get from A to B in business but if you want to achieve the best results it is always best to have a team that is willing to work for you and that believes in what you are trying to achieve as much as you do.Here are some tips for inspiring and motivation a business team:
- Every individual within the team has their own skills, experience and abilities. Trust in those skills, empower your team to make decisions and let them take ownership of their area of business.
- Create a supportive environment in which your team members feel comfortable coming to you with ideas or problems.
- Recognise and reward achievement within the team and as a team.
- Encourage open discussion of issues and keep an open door policy at all times.
- Communicate goals and the steps to attaining them clearly.
- Set some goals as a team so that team members feel that they have some control over their environment.
- Learn about your teams members, how do they respond to different methods of motivation and communication. Find out what makes them tick and what inspires them.
Leading a team in business is very challenging but can be extremely rewarding. The sense of accomplishment you get when as a team you achieve your goals is very special. Foster a sense of team spirit by inspiring others to believe in themselves and the team and you are more than half way to success.
Lead your team to success with the support of the USANA community.