New media is changing the way we do business, and changing the way we interact and market to our audiences. As a business owner you can reach significantly more people than you ever could in the past and you get the opportunity to interact in a entirely different way.
With the rise of social media giants such as Facebook
you have the opportunity to target more tightly and interact more personally. However with this opportunity comes a greater responsibility to pull your audiences rather than push them.
A sure-fire way to push your potential audiences away is too misuse social media. But if used correctly mediums such as Facebook
can benefit your business in ways that traditional marketing couldn't even come close.
Here are some tips for online marketing etiquette that will help you maximise new media;
- Never send bulk spam or unsolicited emails, apart from being illegal it is also impersonal and ineffective.
- If your using facebook you should interact on a personal level, set up a profile and make connections the old fashioned way, by appealing to common interests.
- Respect the community you are interacting within and adhere to the rules of that community.
- With any online communication such as emails, blogging, Facebook and Twitter try to make the conversation meaningful and relevant to the audience you are appealing to.
- Be consistent with whatever form of online marketing you are engaging in. If your blogging do it regularly, keep your followers interested with consistent updates. If you use twitter the same applies.
- Always deliver on your promises, if you are email marketing and you say you will be sending weekly newsletters stick to that, don't suddenly send out 5 emails in a week or disappear for months without word.
Overall online is a great way to connect with people looking for what you have to offer, so once they have found you all you have to do is make the connection and keep them coming back.
Build your USANA business online and tap into greater markets within New Zealand and the world.